Diplomatic relations between our country and Pakistan were established in 1947, immediately following the establishment of Pakistan and due to the special importance paid to relations to Pakistan, Yahya Kemal Beyatlı, a renowned poet, was appointed as the first Turkish Ambassador to Karachi, then the capital city of Pakistan, at the beginning of the year 1948. Our Embassy in Pakistan has been operating since then, without any interruption. The construction of the Embassy’s Chancellery and the Ambassador’s Residence, which are currently used and owned by the Turkish state, was completed in August 2004. The architect of the Embassy buildings is Hasan Özbay and the construction was undertaken by a Turkish company, STFA.
The region that fall under the responsibility of our Embassy is all Pakistan. The region that falls under the responsibility of the Consular Office of our Embassy is all Pakistan, except the Sindh and Balochistan Provinces, which fall under the responsibility of Consulate General in Karachi.
Office of the Armed Forces Attaché, Office of the Counsellor for Commercial Affairs and the Office of the Security Counsellor are operating within the Embassy.
Important events in the history of the Mission
1947 : Opening of the first resident Embassy of Turkey in Karachi
1967 : Shift of the Embassy from Karachi to Rawalpindi
1972 : Shift of the Embassy from Rawalpindi to Islamabad
2004 : The Embassy moved to its current building